- To serve as the review board for all undergraduate grade appeals that are not resolved at the departmental or college level as outlined in the Grade Appeal Policy in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- To serve as the final dismissal and readmission appeals board for undergraduate students who are seeking readmission to the university after being academically dismissed two or more times.
- To serve as the final review board for all undergraduate retroactive withdrawal appeals (both single course and total term).
If the chair is not an elected member of the Undergraduate Council, the chair will serve as an ex-officio member of that body.
Undergraduate Council Minutes – Page U1411 – April 22, 2008
- The committee that convenes to review an appeal consists of at least the following: the committee chair, one representative from the UG Council faculty appointees, one representative from Arts and Sciences Advising Services, one representative from the Student Counseling Center, one representative from Multicultural Student Life, and one representative from the Student Success Center.
- Specific cases may require the addition of one representative from the Office of Disability Services, a college advising representative, and a student member (grade appeals only; appointed by SGA president).
Undergraduate Council Minutes – Page U3653-U3654 – February 23, 2016